Zichen ZhangPh.D. Student at University of Alberta
Email: vincent.zhang at ualberta.ca
Google Scholar • Github • Linkedin • Blog
- I'm a Ph.D. student in CS with a specialization in Statistical Machine Learning, at the University of Alberta, supervised by Dr. Martin Jagersand and Dr. Dale Schuurmans.
- My interest lies in the intersection of Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Robotics. I had some experience with dictionary learning, under supervision of Dr. Dana Cobzas.
- [2019/10] One paper accepted at NeurIPS19 CausalML Workshop.
- [2019/02] One paper accepted at CVPR19.
- [2019/02] A joint paper released about 2017 Robotic Instrument Segmentation Challenge at MICCAI
- [2019/01] Two papers accepted at ICRA19.
- [2018/07] Attended the deep learning and reinforcement learning summer school in Toronto
- [2018/04] Attended Hannover Messe, representing our team to compete in the final of KUKA Innovation Award 2018
Selected Projects and Publications
| Reducing Selection Bias in Counterfactual Reasoning for Individual Treatment Effects Estimation [pdf]
Zichen Zhang, Qingfeng Lan, Lei Ding, Yue Wang, Negar Hassanpour, Russell Greiner.
Poster Spotlight @ NeurIPS 2019 CausalML Workshop.
| U^2-Net: Going Deeper with Nested U-Structure for Salient Object Detection [pdf][code ]
Xuebin Qin, Zichen Zhang, Chenyang Huang, Masood Dehghan, Osmar R. Zaiane, Martin Jagersand, Pattern Recognition 2020.
| BASNet: Boundary-Aware Salient Object Detection [pdf][supp][code ]
Xuebin Qin, Zichen Zhang, Chenyang Huang, Chao Gao, Masood Dehghan, Martin Jagersand, CVPR 2019.
| Online Tool and Task learning via Human Robot Interaction [pdf]
Masood Dehghan∗, Zichen Zhang∗, Mennatullah Siam∗, Jun Jin, Laura Petrich and Martin Jagersand, ICRA 2019.
* equal contribution
| End-to-end detection-segmentation network with ROI convolution [code] [pdf]
Zichen Zhang, Min Tang, Dana Cobzas, Dornoosh Zonoobi, Martin Jagersand, Jacob L. Jaremko, ISBI 2018
| Segmentation-by-Detection: A Cascade Network for Volumetric Medical Image Segmentation [pdf]
Min Tang, Zichen Zhang, Dana Cobzas, Martin Jagersand, Jacob L. Jaremko, ISBI 2018
| A Deep Level Set Method for Image
Min Tang, Sepehr Valipour, Zichen Zhang, Dana Cobzas, Martin Jagersand, MICCAI workshop 2017
| Semantic Segmentation using Dictionary Learning [Report] [Code]
We study the pipepline of semantic segmentation using dictionary learning. The algorithm is applied on MRI image for Multiple Sclerosis segmentation and aerial images for building segmentation. The empirical results show that preprocessing is substantially important for the pipeline and the performance can be bounded with improper preprocessing.
| Uncalibrated Visual Servoing
We study uncalibrated visual servoing using a 4-DOF robotic arm: Barrett WAM. The target is specified on the images which is then directly used for inverse kinematics.
| Grasp Planning of 3D Objects Using Genetic Algorithm [pdf]
Zichen Zhang , Jason Gu, Jun Luo, Industrial Electronics(ISIE), 2013
- Reviewer for ICRA2018, IROS2020, Transaction in Image Processing.
- Science Graduate Scholarship, 2018, Faculty of Science, University of Alberta
- Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship-Doctoral (CGS D), 2018-2020
- Alberta Innovates - Graduate Student Scholarship (AITF - PhD), 2018-2020
- President's Doctoral Prize of Distinction, 2018-2020, University of Alberta
- Science Graduate Scholarship, 2016, Faculty of Science, University of Alberta
- NSERC Canada Graduate Scholarships–Master’s Program (CGSM), 2016-2017
- Alberta Innovates Technology Futures Scholarship (AITF - Master), 2016-2017
- Walter H Johns Graduate Fellowship, 2016, University of Alberta