Currently we are most interested in APPROXIMATION ALGORITHM design and analysis.
We work on some problems listed in
"A compendium of NP optimization problems"
and their variants formulated out of multi-omics research and operations research.
We are also interested in some aspects of BIOINFORMATICS research such as theoretical computational biology
and applications in cheminformatics and omics.
Graduate study applicants interested in join the group must have matching research interests,
and refer to some of our past work during the first round of communication.
- September 13, 2020: Goodbye to Dr. Qiaojun Shu.
- August 20, 2020: Goodbye to Dr. Shuguang Han; all the best!
We also thank summer research assistants Cody, Qianqiu, Rylan and Wyatt for their contributions to four different
- August 13, 2020: Goodbye to Dr. An Zhang; all the best!
We also thank Alex and Arthur for their excellent contributions.
- July 2, 2020: We warmly welcome Alexander Cai (HIP) and Arthur Gao (HIP) on board!
- May 1, 2020: We warmly welcome Cody Hennig (USRA), Qianqiu Zhang (URI), Rylan Chin (USRA) and
Wyatt Carlson (USRA) on board!
We would like to add that we will continue to work with students from CMPUT 201!
- December 2, 2019: Dr. Liguo Wang, a CSC Scholar,
from the Beihua University, will visit us for a year. Welcome!
- October 19, 2019: Congratulations Arthur for his early admission into our university.
- September 14, 2019: Dr. Qiaojun Shu with Hangzhou Dianzi University will visit us for a year. Welcome!
- August 22, 2019: Goodbye Wenchang! Job well done and hope see you again next summer!
- August 18, 2019: Dr. Shuguang Han with Zhejiang Sci-Tech University will visit us for a year. Welcome!
- A profile about some research
going on within our group, written by Erin Ottosen (April 2008).
- A popular writing including some of our work on automated NMR resonance sequential assignment appears in
RSC Chemistry World:
"NMR and the 3D world of proteins",
by David Bradley (May 2006).