We are interested in all aspects of Bioinformatics research
(computational biology, biomedical, cheminformatics, genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, etc).
Our current projects include
• bovine genomics,
• E. Coli, zebrafish, human proteome and metabolome profiling,
• whole genome phylogenetic analyses,
• influenza bioinformatics,
• RNA (local) structure prediction.
Our basic goals are to design better framework and efficient algorithms for high-throughput molecular sequence and structure analysis,
and to build effective automated tools and software packages that assist biologists and pharmacists.
In our projects, computational techniques from information/complexity theory, algorithmics, statistics, machine learning,
data mining, heuristic search, constraint programming, and computer graphics are all found extremely useful.
Within the bovine genomics, we are interested in
• Rh map construction
• genotype imputation
Along the whole genome phylogenetic analyses, we are particularly interested in
• complete composition vectors, among others.
- September 4, 2017: All the bests to Drs. Guochuan Zhang, Jueliang Hu, Jianming Dong,
Shuguang Han, Yinfeng Xu, Bing Su, Wenchang Luo, and Hiroshi Eto, who visited us over the summer.
See you soon!
- August 28, 2017: We warmly welcome Dr. Longcheng Liu from Xiamen University.
He will stay with us for a year, supported by the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
- August 4, 2017: We warmly welcome Dr. Guochuan Zhang (ZJU) and Dr. Hiroshi Eto (Kyushu U).
- August 1, 2017: We warmly welcome Dr. Bing Su and Dr. Yinfeng Xu's (DHU) visits.
- July 2, 2017: We warmly welcome Drs. Shuguang Han, Jueliang Hu and Jianming Dong;
all three are from Zhejiang Sci-Tech University and will visit us for two months.
- June 28, 2017: We warmly welcome Dr. Wenchang Luo from Ningbo University (visiting for two months).
- May 4, 2017: Congratulations to Yining, now Dr. Wang! on a very successful PhD defense today.
Yining will take up a PDF position in Agriculture next.
- February 13, 2017: All the bests to Yong, a CSC scholar, and thanks for staying with us for a year!
- December 20, 2016: Yao is awarded Dean's Excellent PhD Research,
valued a half RA. Congratulations!
- A profile about some research
going on within our group, written by Erin Ottosen (April 2008).
- A popular writing including some of our work on automated NMR resonance sequential assignment appears in
RSC Chemistry World:
"NMR and the 3D world of proteins",
by David Bradley (May 2006).