The First Man-Machine
Over the 3990 duplicated hands played, there was no statistically significant difference in the skill level of the two teams.
Post-match analysis indicates that the Polaris programs may have held an edge in the overall quality of decisions. Detailed results, analysis, logs, and graphs will be available here soon. Please stay tuned for more information.
|$10/$20 Limit Texas Hold'em||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4||Sum|
|Result||Statistical Draw||Polaris Wins||Humans Win||Humans Win||Humans Win|
* Some hands were discounted due to some technical difficulties during the matches. In the few cases these glitches happened, the duplicate hand was removed from both sides of the match.
** One of the hands was thrown out due to a click error by Phil (he accidentally folded K9o before the flop).
The complete hand histories are currently available from the Poker Academy website and are viewable with Poker Academy Prospector (free demo). Other formats may become available in the future.
Play against Polaris!
Owners of Poker Academy Professional can now play against two of our strongest bots, Mr. Pink and Agent Orange, on Poker Academy Online.
Check out the photos from the four sessions!
Ali in Session 4:
Phil in Session 3:
Phil in Session 2:
Ali in Session 1:
Phil and Ali Postgame comments:
Introduction by Jonathan Schaeffer before the first match
Here are the liveblogs from each of the 4 sessions.
- Session 1: Monday, July 23, Noon, PST - Draw!
- Session 2: Monday, July 23, 6:00pm, PST - Polaris Wins!
- Session 3: Tuesday, July 24, Noon, PST - Phil and Ali Win!
- Session 4: Tuesday, July 24, 6:00pm, PST - Phil and Ali Win!