- Sokoban is a challenge significantly more difficult than
domains traditionally used for research.
- Beware of unqualified research results using "simple" domains!
- Textbook approaches are nice and clean.
- Current state-of-the-art requires domain-dependent knowledge.
- Practice is complex and messy, lots of engineering needed.
- The more specific the knowledge, the more powerful it is!
- Search uncovers valuable, reusable knowledge
that pertains to specific situations:
Exceptions, special cases, configurations never seen before.
- Simplify the design, development and test by splitting the problem.
- Differentiate between task and control knowledge.