- Sokoban and its search-space properties are investigated
and shown to be a significant challenge for current AI
- The concept of macro moves is improved by adding automatic
off-line macro-move generation.
- A new search enhancement is introduced: Pattern searches.
Pattern searches gather knowledge dynamically.
- A new forward pruning technique is introduced: Relevance cuts.
- A new, knowledge-based overestimation technique is proposed.
- A classification of enhancements is given.
- New concepts of task and control knowledge are proposed.
- A framework for single-agent search enhancements is given.