- I WAS looking for a Post-Doctoral Fellow candidate in Big Data and Spatial Data mining. Starting date: As soon as possible.
- I gave an invited keynote titled: "The Potentials and Pitfalls of Big Data" at the Big Data: a multi-disciplinary workshop for academia and industry, University of Manitoba, Dec. 4, 2014.
- Our paper "Mining Contentious Documents Using an Unsupervised Topic Model Based Approach" (by Amine Trabelsi and Osmar Zaiane) was accepted at IEEE International Conference on data Mining, ICDM'2014.
- Congratulations to Baoliang Wang who defended his MSc. (Automatic Animal Species Identification Based on Camera Trapping Data). He is now working for North West Geomatics in Calgary.
- Congratulations to Jundong Li who defended his MSc. (Statistically Significant Dependencies for Spatial Co-location Pattern Mining and Classification Association Rule Discovery). He is now a PhD candidate at Arizona State University.
- Congratulations to Afra Abnar who defended her MSc. (Structural Role Mining in Social Networks). She is now a researcher at AICML working on Meerkat and will integrate the PhD program at UofA.
- Congratulations to Kevin Quinn who defended his MSc. (ANA: Automated Nursing Agent). He is now joined Amazon in Seattle.
- Our paper "Utility Enhancement for Privacy Preserving Health Data Publishing" (by Lengdong Wu, Hua He, Osmar Zaiane)
obtained the best Student paper runner-up award at the 9th International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications.
- Our paper "Measure optimized cost-sensitive neural network ensemble for multiclass imbalance data learning" (by Peng Cao, Dazhe Zhao, Osmar Zaiane)
obtained the best paper award at the 13th IEEE International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems.