Where I have lived (and what I did there)
- since September 2000: Faculty member in
Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
- since July 2009: Professor.
- 2014-17: Associate Chair (Research) for our Department.
Department of Computer Sciences, Universität Salzburg, Austria
- December 2004: awarded tenure.
- September 2000 - 2009: Associate Professor (tenure track)
- April -August 2000:
NTT Communication Science Labs,
Media Information Lab,
Dialog Understanding Research Group,
Cognitive Science Group,
- October 1997 - March 2000:
STA fellow and researcher,
Complex Games Lab,
ElectroTechnical Laboratory (ETL),
- 1997: Back at
- 1996: Postdoc at the Center for Pure and Applied Mathematics,
Mathematics Dept., UC Berkeley, California,
- 1995-96: Postdoc at
International Computer Science Institute, Berkeley, California
- 1989-95: University assistant and Ph.D. student
in Prof. Jürg
at the Institute for
Theoretical Computer Science,
ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- 1983-89: Dipl.Ing. in "Technische Mathematik"
Graz University of Technology (TU Graz), Austria,
Peter Lipp, then in the group of Prof. Hermann Maurer.
- 1965-83: growing up in
Created: Apr 5, 2000 Last modified: Aug 21, 2017