Computer Go Game Records
Game records are sorted by tournament.
All available games from the same tournament are contained in
a single SGF file. Such a file can
be viewed directly by a program that supports game collections,
such as Smart Go Board.
If your Go viewer can only show the first game in a collection,
you will have to split it into many small files containing one game
each. Use any text editing program.
International Computer Go Congress
- 1st, Taipei 1987, games from 9x9 tournament
- 2nd, Taipei 1988
- 3rd, Taipei 1989
- 4th, Beijing 1990
- 5th, Singapore 1991
- 6th, Tokyo 1992
- 7th, Chengdu 1993
- 8th, Taipei 1994
- 9th, Seoul 1995
- 10th, Guangzhou 1996
- 11th, San Francisco 1997
- 1st, Grenoble 1987
- 2nd, Hamburg 1988
- 3rd, Nis 1989
- 4th, Vienna 1990
- 5th, Namur 1991
- 6th, Canterbury 1992
- 7th, Prague 1993
- 8th, Maastricht 1994
- 9th, Tuchola 1995
- 10th, Marseille 1997
North American Championship
Computer Go Ladder, since 1994: See the
ladder home page
for links to game records.
USENIX Tournament, 1984-1988
Human vs. Computer
Some interesting games with lots of handicap stones
- Codan vs Hsiah at Ing 1988, 17 stones
Codan's author resigned, but why??? Seems he forgot about the 17 extra points for the handicap
stones that he gets in Ing scoring.
- Goliath vs Shia at Ing 1989, 17 stones Boy wins easily
- Handtalk vs 3 humans at Ing 1997, 11 stones
Good games. Handtalk wins 2 out of 3.
- I have no game records of Ing competition for any other year. Please please send them to me!
- Many Faces vs Redmond 8 Dan, 9 stones "Redmond wins by 367"
- Handtalk vs Jean-loup Gailly, 12 stones Jean-loup wins big
- Handtalk vs Jean-loup Gailly, 13 stones Jean-loup by 6
- Handtalk vs Jean-loup Gailly, 14 stones Jean-loup by 117
- Handtalk vs Gerlach and Vygen, 19 stones
Gerlach and Vygen have some fun
- AAAI-97 had a computer games event including a Go exhibition game.
Janice Kim pro 1-Dan beat Handtalk giving
25 stones handicap "by only a few points". David Mechner reports that
it was an interesting game, but the game record could not be rescued from the organizer
who quickly quit the program. 27 stones, anybody?
Big Bear's Test Matches
Mr. Ohkuma stages short matches
between Handtalk and some other programs:
Last modified: Feb 23, 2003