R.G. (Randy) Goebel's favourite phrases
I've always thought that the best way to remember something is to compile
it to a form that captures the essence of an idea in a way that is
easy to remember.
Here are a few of my favourites:
- Try to make things a little more like they should be,
instead of the way they are.
- Believe whatever you can best explain.
- The world is its own best representation.
- God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
- Unlike stupidity, ignorance can be cured.
- There is no cure for stupidity (old Lithuanian saying).
- University research makes big mistakes fast, at low cost.
- An optimist thinks the world is as good as it can be, and
a pessimist fears that is so (Anonymous).
- Assume you can learn at least one thing from every individual
you meet, and you will.
Last modified July 18, 1999