Next: Chapter 3
Up: Errata for ``Principles of
Previous: Chapter 1
- Page 26:
- Line 8 in Example 2.1: attribute name JNAME should be
- Page 27:
- The second to last sentence in Section 2.1 should end
after word ``unknown.'' Thus, the sentence should read: ``For
example, value ``0'' for attribute DUR is known
information (e.g., in the case of a newly hired employee),
while value ``null'' for DUR means unknown.''
- STRONG>Page 30:
- In the definition of MVD (line 19), the sentence
should be "If for each value of Z in R there is a set of
values for ...".
- Page 31:
- In Figure 3.2, the value of PNO of the 4th tuple should be P2.
- Page 39:
- In Figure 2.7, the third column (attribute) name should
be EMP.TITLE rather than E.TITLE.
- Page 42:
- The last sentence of the first paragraph of
Example 2.13, there is the expression
. This should
so that the sentence reads: ``The result of
is shown in Figure 2.10c.''
- Page 45:
- The citation in first sentence of section entitled ``Domain
relational calculus.'' should be ``...Lacroix and Pirotte
- Page 47:
- Line 6 from the bottom: RES should be RESULT.
- Page 50:
- In the first sentence of the last paragraph,
insert ``( compilation)'' after `` query
M. Tamer Ozsu