CMPUT272, Winter 2007
Please check this page regularly.
- Fri Apr 13: Solutions to Assignment 6 have been posted.
- Thr Apr 12: Here is is the final exam from Dec 2006, in PS and PDF
- Wed Apr 11: Lecture and Tutorial notes for Week 12 have been
- Thur Apr 5:
IMPORTANT NOTES: For Assignment 6, no late assignment will be
accepted (I will post the solutions right after the due date/time).
We will only cover Sections 10.1-10.3 from Chapter 10
(Sections 10.4-10.5 will not be covered and so won't be on the exam).
Here is the link which contains the time/location of the final exam: http://www.registrar.ualberta.ca/ro.cfm?id=256&letter=C
Final exam will be cumulative (all the materials taught) and you are
allowed to bring ONE PAGE letter size
(single-side) hand-written formula sheet for your own.
There will be an extra office hour next Friday (April 13), 2:00-3:00.
- Mon Apr 2: Solutions to Assignment 5 have been posted.
- Sun Apr 1: Note that for Assignment 6 no late assignments are
accepted (I will post the solutions right after due date).
- Fri Mar 30: Assignment 6 and Lecture and tutorial notes for Week
11 have been posted.
- Mon Mar 26: Lecture and tutorial notes for Week 10 have been
- Fri Mar 23: Solutions to term test 2 have been posted.
- Wed Mar 21: There were a few small errors in the solutions to
Assignment 4 (e.g. to questions 6.1.0 and 6.3.31). Correct solutions
have been updated.
- Mon Mar 19: Solutions to Assignment 4 have been posted.
- Fri Mar 16: The office hour on this comming Tue is moved to
Wed at the same time.
- Fri Mar 16: Lecture and tutorial notes for this week, as well as
Assignment 5 have been posted.
- Wed Mar 14: Coverage for Term Test 2 is from Section 4.1 to 6.7
inclusive (except 4.5). Note that sections 4.1 and 4.2 are from Week 5
but were not
covered in Term Test 1.
- Fri Mar 9: Lecture and tutorial notes for this week have been
- Mon Mar 5: Solutions to Assignment 3 have been posted.
- Fri Mar 2: Letture and tutorial notes for this week as well as
Assignment 4 have been posted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The deadline for handing in your
assignment is 10:00am SHARP!
So far, some people chose to come in to the lecture (even if it had
already begun) to hand in the assignment and leave.
From now on, please make sure you hand in your assignment before I
start the lecture (or else it will be considered late!).
- Tue Feb 27: There is an error in the question 33 of Set 4.3 in
the text. For the example given, the correct ordering should have been
- Fri Feb 16: Lecture notes, tutorial notes, and solutions to term
test 1 (for
both sections) have been posted.
- Mon Feb 12: Solutions to assignment 2 have been posted. For term
test one, I'll provide you a sheet with some of the theorems/laws
for logical equivalence you'll need.
- Fri Feb 9: Assignment 3 as well as lecture and tutorial notes for
this week have been posted.
- Fri Feb 9: Term Test 1, will include materials up to week 5
(inclusive) except Chapter 4 (inductive proofs).
- Fri Feb 2: Lecture and tutorial notes for week 4 have been posted.
- Mon Jan 29: Solutions to Assignment 1 have been posted.
- Fri Jan 26: Assignment 2 as well as Lecture and tutorial notes
for whis week have been posted.
- Fri Jan 19: Lecture and tutorial notes for this week have been
- Sat Jan 13: Lecture notes for week 1 have been posted.
- Wed Jan 10: There are no labs for this course. Occasionally,
there may be some extra office hours scheduled (for example before
assignment due dates or tests).
- Fri Jan 5: Assignment 1 has been posted.
- Fri Dec 8: Announcements will be posted here.