ICDM 2011 Panel
Title: Data mining meets exascale and many-core computing
Goal is to introduce the DM community to the work on exascale computing and the emerging many core processor architectures that they will incorporate in order to start thinking about the algorithmic and programming model challenges associated with the new architectures.
- Overview of exascale system architecture and many core processor designs.
- Overview of current and emerging programming models for expressing concurrency.
- Algorithmic challenges in scaling existing data mining algorithms to the emerging architectures.
- New research directions for novel data mining algorithms that will address power, resiliency and limited memory/IO resources.
- Novel data analysis opportunities that are facilitated by the scale and complexity of the problems that exascale systems will solve/address.
- Barbara Chapman (University of Houston)
- Edwin Pednault (IBM)
- Chandrika Kamath (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
- Srinivasan Parthasarathy (Ohio State University)
Banner image courtesy of Tourism Vancouver. All website related inquires should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.