Associate Professor, Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta. Research interests: web data management, particularly on semistructured data, information extraction and integration, and on Social Network analysis. Member of the NSERC Business Intelligence Network.
Note to grad students interested in working with me.
ICDE 2013 Tutorial--Shallow IE for the Knowledge Web
EMC 2013 Summer School on Big Data -- Tutorial on text analytics.
ICWSM 2012 Tutorial: Information Extraction for Social Media Analysis
NSERC Business Intelligence Network.
Recent publications; DBLP page (with bibTeX data); ACM author profile.
- ReaSoN: Building, Exploring and Querying Social Networks
- DIT: Discerning Intelligence from Text
- SII: Semantic Information Integration
In the past I worked on these projects.
- Guest speaker at the MITACS MoMiNIS Seminar Series at Dalhousie University
- Best Paper Award--26th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2010)
- Departmental Teaching Award---2009
- Visiting Professor (BIT); Database and Information Systems group; Free University of Bozen-Bolzano--Summer 2008;
- Alberta Ingenuity New Faculty Award, 2007
- IBM Faculty Award, 2006
- Alumnus of the Database Group at the University of Toronto, under the supervision of Alberto Mendelzon
- Visiting faculty at the IBM Centre for Advanced Studies since January 2005
- IBM PhD. Fellowship; Summer 2002 -- Fall 2004
|by mail: |
Department of Computing Science
2-21 Athabasca Hall
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2E8
||in person: |
Office: ATH 4-51