Denilson Barbosa is an Associate Professor and the Director of the Science Internship Program in the Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, currently on sabbatical leave.
His research interests are in web data management, particularly on semistructured data, information extraction and integration, and on Social Network analysis. He is a member of the NSERC Business Intelligence Network.
Note to potential graduate students.
28th Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, June 2-5, 2015, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Publications: by topic (selected); by year (all); DBLP page (with bibTeX data); ACM author profile.
- ReaSoN: Building, Exploring and Querying Social Networks
- DIT: Discerning Intelligence from Text
- SII: Semantic Information Integration
In the past I worked on these projects.
CMPUT 115, CMPUT 174, Science 100, CMPUT 693, CMPUT 696
- Best Paper Award--26th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2010)
- Supervisor of the Best SIGMOD 2012 Undergraduate Research Poster
- Alberta Ingenuity New Faculty Award, 2007
- IBM Faculty Award, 2006
- Guest speaker at the MITACS MoMiNIS Seminar Series at Dalhousie University
- Departmental Teaching Award---2009
- Visiting researcher at Max-Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany; July 2014--April 2015.
- Visiting Professor (BIT); Database and Information Systems group; Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy; Summer 2008;
- Visiting faculty at the IBM Centre for Advanced Studies since January 2005
- Alumnus of the Database Group at the University of Toronto, under the supervision of Alberto Mendelzon
- IBM PhD. Fellowship; Summer 2002 -- Fall 2004
|by mail: |
Department of Computing Science
2-21 Athabasca Hall
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2E8
||in person: |
Office: ATH 4-51