Associate Professor, Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta. Research interests: web data management, particularly on semistructured data, information extraction and integration, and on Social Network analysis. Member of the NSERC Business Intelligence Network.
ICDE 2013 Tutorial--Shallow IE for the Knowledge Web
EMC 2013 Summer School on Big Data -- Tutorial on text analytics.
ICWSM 2012 Tutorial: Information Extraction for Social Media Analysis
NSERC Business Intelligence Network.
Recent publications; DBLP page (with bibTeX data); ACM author profile.
- ReaSoN: Building, Exploring and Querying Social Networks
- DIT: Discerning Intelligence from Text
- SII: Semantic Information Integration
In the past I worked on these projects.
NSERC USRA Research Opportunities for full-time undergraduate students at UofA.
- Guest speaker at the MITACS MoMiNIS Seminar Series at Dalhousie University
- Best Paper Award--26th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2010)
- Departmental Teaching Award---2009
- Visiting Professor (BIT); Database and Information Systems group; Free University of Bozen-Bolzano--Summer 2008;
- Alberta Ingenuity New Faculty Award, 2007
- IBM Faculty Award, 2006
- Alumnus of the Database Group at the University of Toronto, under the supervision of Alberto Mendelzon
- Visiting faculty at the IBM Centre for Advanced Studies since January 2005
- IBM PhD. Fellowship; Summer 2002 -- Fall 2004
|by mail: |
Department of Computing Science
2-21 Athabasca Hall
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2E8
||in person: |
Office: ATH 4-51