Getting Involved in Our Club
Who is Welcome?
Anyone! Undergraduate, graduate, and even high school students are welcome to join. We are a group
that loves to solve programming challenges!
Do I Need to Compete?
While preparing for programming contests is one important aspect of the club, you are encouraged
to come join our discussions even if you do not want to compete.
- Weekly meetings to discuss algorithms and their implementations for various programming challenges. More information is on the
main page of this site.
- Occasional practices, often with people from other Canadian universities.
- Regional competition: the official contest.
The winner from our region (Rocky Mountain time zone)
advances to the world finals! This is almost always a team from Alberta, frequently from our club!
- CMPUT 403: get course credit for solving programming challenges :)
- Solving problems on the UVa Online Judge or other repositories. More information on getting started with this can be
Join the mailing list
Keep up to date with latest club meetings, events and contests.
What is Competitive Programming?
Get the Book
Competitive Programming 3 is a great resource to anyone looking to get started. The competitive programming course CMPUT 403 loosly follows this book.