- Our paper "Evaluation of Blue Gene/Q Hardware Support for
Transactional Memories" with my M.Sc. student Matthew Gaudet
and colleagues from the IBM Blue Gene team (Amy Wang, Peng Wu, Martin Ohmacht, Christopher Barton, Raul Silvera, and Maged Michael) has been selected
as the winner of the Best Paper Award at the International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT) 2012.
- M.Sc. student Matthew Gaudet received the Gold Medal at the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Student Research Competition at the International Conference on Parallel Architecturs and Compilation Techniques (PACT) 2012 in Minneapolis, MN, in September 2012..
- M.Sc. student Carolina Simoes Gomes received the Silver
Medal at the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Student
Research Competition at the International Symposium on Code
Generation and Optimization in San Jose, CA, in April
- Keynote for the University of Alberta Computing Science
Graduate Banquet, April, 2012, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Teaching Excellence Appreciation Award - Delta Chi
Fraternity, April, 2012, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
- Ph.D. student Kit Barton won the 2007 Student of the
Year Award from the IBM Center for Advanced Studies in
- M. Sc. student Stephen Curial received
Ingenuity Industry Research and Development Associates
Competition Award in September 2007.
- Ph.D. student Kit Barton received
of Alberta Alumni Association Horizon Award in 2007.
- I received, thanks to a nomination started by my current
and past graduate students, a Graduate Students' Association (GSA)
Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Supervision in
- Ph.D. student Paul Berube received
Dixit Award at
the 2007 SPEC
Workshop in Austin, TX.
- Our team received the Project Team of the Year
Award in October 2006 from
the IBM Center for
Advanced Studies in Toronto. This award recognizes the
team that epitomizes the mission of CAS which focuses on
building strong relationships between IBM and academia.
- Ph.D. student Kit
Barton received the 2006 Department of Computing Science
Outstanding Research Achievement Award.
- Ph.D. student Kit Barton
participated in an IBM team that took first place in the HPC Challenge Class 2 Award in
- I received an IBM Corporation Faculty Award in 2004, 2005, and 2006.